We have put together A LOT of wooden puzzles during the course of buying and selling collections. As a result we have come up with a few tips that may help for those tough puzzles that you may be stuck on. Enjoy and Happy Puzzling!
- If you have a really hard time with the puzzle turn over the pieces and use the grain of the wood as a way to find pieces that fit together.
- Study the various pieces and look for subtle matching patterns or color variations, even if the coloring look very similar to each other.
- Look for larger connector pieces, those are usually easier to find the correct match for.
- If the image is very difficult (e.g. very similar colors throughout) and you just want to solve it, turn over all the pieces and do they puzzle solely by shape.
- Study the image as it takes shape, it may help you to get a feeling for where the unused pieces may go.